At St Phils we have a specific set of about 50 songs which we regularly sing in our Sunday services. The preview of our Spotify playlist is found below. We made this playlist so that our members can be encouraged and built up by the songs we sing during the week as well.
- God Shook My World at an EDM ConcertI was rolling on Ecstasy when the scales suddenly fell from my eyes. I never thought I would become a Christian. I wasn’t raised in church. I grew up believing science had all the answers, that religion was merely lingering superstition from a more primitive time. Adam and Eve, Noah’s ark, Jonah living in the […]
- Let’s Quit the Tug-of-War over Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s LegacyHow the German martyr’s example has been used—and abused—in American public discourse. We Americans have fashioned many Dietrich Bonhoeffers for ourselves in the decades since the German theologian was put to death at the Flossenbürg concentration camp in 1945. In The Battle for Bonhoeffer: Debating Discipleship in the Age of Trump, Rhodes College professor Stephen […]
- John MacArthur's ‘Statement on Social Justice’ Is Aggravating EvangelicalsChristians are talking past each other once again. What's going on? Last week, John MacArthur and a dozen other Christian leaders launched a website presenting The Statement on Social Justice & the Gospel. In the statement, the signatories claim that the social justice movement endangers Christians with “an onslaught of dangerous and false teachings that […]
- More Than Material MindsAs a Christian and a neuroscientist, I keep learning that to be human is to have a soul. I watched the CAT scan images appear on the screen, one by one. The baby’s head was mostly empty. There were only thin slivers of brain—a bit of brain tissue at the base of the skull, and […]
- The Bill Hybels News Isn’t Just Another Pastor Sex ScandalWillow Creek changed how Americans do church. What happens now? Listeners interested in the deeper issues raised by the Bill Hybels allegations may also be interested in Episode 102: When You Hear Sexual Misconduct Allegations About Your Pastoror Episode 80: Supporting the Opposite Gender in the Christian Workplace. Last year, Willow Creek Community Church founder […]
- The difference we can make in the drought"We are all desperate and struggling with seeing any hope but these donations have brought tears to my eyes"
- An 8000km journey to serve God’s people in GunbalanyaThis is what it looks like for every member of the church to play a part in God’s mission.
- A man of words and a man of his wordThe ninth Archbishop of Sydney, Donald William Bradley Robinson, has been laid to rest after a funeral service in St Andrew’s Cathedral which he helped write forty years earlier.
- Passing of a leader who made ‘immeasurable’ contributionOne of the towering figures of Anglicanism in the 20th century and former Archbishop of Sydney, Bishop Donald Robinson AO, has died at the age of 95.
- Anglican Future starts with ‘Gospel Confidence’The opening of the Anglican Future Conference in Melbourne has begun with a stirring call for Christian leaders to defy secular stereotypes of the church as a dying force.