- 1 John 2vs28-3vs24 (Tim Young)
- 1 John 2vs15-29 (Peter Tuck)
- 1 John 2vs3-14 (Mike Hanbury)
- 1 John 1vs1-2vs2 (Eric Cheung)
- Global Mission #4 - Matthew 28vs16-20 (Tim Young)
- Global Mission #3 - Luke 5vs17-26 (Paul Beeston - Compassion)
- Global Mission #2 - John 5:1-17 (Will McKelleher)
- Global Mission #1 - Revelation 7:9-12 (Eric Cheung)
At St Phils we have a specific set of about 50 songs which we regularly sing in our Sunday services. The preview of our Spotify playlist is found below. We made this playlist so that our members can be encouraged and built up by the songs we sing during the week as well.
- Jesus Is Lord. Period.We’re rendering unto Caesar too much time and attention. Back in the day, the evangelical fantasy went something like this: As you get settled into your airplane seat, you casually remove your Bible from your carry-on. A few moments of solemn reading later, your neighbor taps you on your shoulder. “Pardon me,” he says. “But […]
- Can Preachers Make an Impact in a Post-Christian World?Herman Bavinck’s advice to 19th century pastors still holds true today. In post-Christian Britain—a culture where few people listen to any kind of public speaking, sacred or secular—Rev. Michael Curry’s royal wedding sermon succeeded in capturing the public imagination in a way that few had expected. For many Brits, the royal wedding’s most unexpected outcome […]
- Want to Share the Gospel Effectively? Always Ask About the TattooThe simplest questions can open the door to amazing conversations. I asked Mike about his tattoo partly out of curiosity but primarily from an instinct of self-preservation. He was helping his cousin jumpstart a car in the middle of our street in Long Beach, California, where I was involved in planting a church. As he […]
- How to Witness to a Distracted WorldEffective Christian evangelism and discipleship requires us to be disruptive. Most days I can hardly hear myself think. It feels like there are a million voices calling for my attention as long as I’m awake: text messages, work emails, kids wanting a drink of water, looming deadlines, billboards, the sense of missing Something Important on […]
- A Degree of Contention at Christian SchoolsRise of honorary degrees raises concern about misuse of “Dr.” in ministry. What do figures as wide-ranging as Billy Graham, Rick and Kay Warren, Fred Rogers, and Donald Trump have in common? All have been awarded honorary doctorates by Christian colleges. Each spring, another batch of distinguished guests receives these symbolic degrees. Among others this […]
- Further surgery for Bishop LeeThe Bishop of Western Sydney, Ivan Lee, is to undergo further surgery after a recurrence of cancer.
- Violence flashes around new GAFCON leaderA worker at the home compound of Nigerian Archbishop Ben Kwashi has been killed as the incoming GAFCON secretary was confronted by violence on his return from Jerusalem.
- Holidays Above and Beyond"Some of the people who serve this way have a better time coming for the purpose of serving than they would if they just came for a holiday."
- What it’s like to be a refugee living in AustraliaAnglicare Sydney is sharing the stories of refugees through film, to help Australians understand the lives of those seeking asylum.
- Sharing the love in LithgowLithgow is a town where shops close rather than open, so to say locals are pretty excited about the opening of a new Anglicare store is an understatement.