- Global Mission #2 - John 5:1-17 (Will McKelleher)
- Global Mission #1 - Revelation 7:9-12 (Eric Cheung)
- The Kingdom of Heaven is like ... #3 (Mike Hanbury)
- The Kingdom of Heaven is like ...#2 (Peter Tuck)
- The Kingdom of Heaven is like ... #1 (Eric Cheung)
- The Who, Why, What of Jesus (Phillip Jensen)
- Jesus is the only way (Nick Woodward)
- Jesus is a bigot (Tim Young)
At St Phils we have a specific set of about 50 songs which we regularly sing in our Sunday services. The preview of our Spotify playlist is found below. We made this playlist so that our members can be encouraged and built up by the songs we sing during the week as well.
- Al Mohler: The Humiliation of the Southern Baptist ConventionEvangelicals, we can no longer say sexual misconduct is just a Roman Catholic problem. The last few weeks have been excruciating for the Southern Baptist Convention and for the larger evangelical movement. It is as if bombs are dropping and God alone knows how many will fall and where they will land. America’s largest evangelical […]
- God Hates Gun ViolenceWe American Christians have a biblical call to reduce firearm deaths in our land. Violence enters the human story from nearly the beginning: “While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him” (Gen. 4:8). The Genesis narrative notes that violence soon becomes endemic. In a mere two chapters, we read, […]
- Sinners in the Hands of a Loving GodWhy a fiery evangelist changed his emphasis. Billy Graham debuted on a national stage during his Los Angeles Crusade in fall 1949. Just 30 years old, Graham met his audience with a fiery call for repentance from sin, boldly announcing on the opening night that "this city of wickedness and sin" had a choice between […]
- Jimmy Carter at Liberty Is 2018’s Most Surprising Yet Hopeful Commencement SpeakerHow the president on the other side of the Moral Majority ended up invited to its unofficial headquarters. Former President Jimmy Carter has accepted an invitation to deliver the commencement address at Liberty University on Saturday. Many will view this announcement as surprising, some even as disappointing for one reason or another. I view it […]
- Beyond the Nakba: 7 Ways Christians Can Affirm a Positive Future for PalestiniansHow to understand the “catastrophe” of 1948 and its impact on today’s Israel. On April 18, the fifth day of the Hebrew month of Iyar, Israelis celebrated the 70th anniversary of their country’s founding. On May 14, Palestinians commemorated the 70th anniversary of the Nakba (Arabic for “catastrophe”), the year they lost their homeland to […]
- NZ move prompts ‘deep regret’A move by the Anglican Church in New Zealand to allow for the blessing of same-sex unions has led to a strong statement from the Diocese of Sydney.
- God’s people together at EppingThe parish of Epping marked 50 years since the consecration of its main church, St Alban’s, with a weekend of celebrations centred on and around that building.
- Freedom18Freedom18 is a chance to address the legal and moral implications of free speech.
- Reset & RelaunchWhile the church at Riverstone recently celebrated its 133rd birthday, members hit “reset” on their services last year in an attempt to relaunch and grow.
- Mission blessing in WollongongA mission throughout the Wollongong Region that ran for most of March, culminating at Easter, has “exceeded all expectations” according to the local bishop, Peter Hayward.